Featuring: Colvin Ranch Shank Steak
- 4 Colvin Ranch shank steaks
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onions, chopped
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cup red wine
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup condensed chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
Season shanks with salt and pepper. Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Brown shanks on all sides. Transfer shanks to slow cooker.
In a slow cooker or 325 degree oven, combine shanks, wine, tomatoes, chicken broth, beef broth onion, carrots and garlic. Season with rosemary and thyme.
Cook on High setting for 4 hours, or on Low setting for 7 hours.