Featuring: Colvin Ranch Top Sirloin Steak
- 1 ½ pounds Colvin Ranch top sirloin steak
- 6 roma (plum) tomatoes, sliced
- ¾ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Broil or grill steaks for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. Cool and slice into bite-size pieces.
On chilled plates, arrange lettuce, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Sprinkle with blue cheese and walnuts. Top with steak slices.
In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and smoke flavoring. Drizzle over salad.